LEARN HOW TO DECOUPAGE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS WITH THE FREE PRINTABLE FOR YOU TO USE!
I’m so excited this Holiday season to make different rainbow color decorations at home! This DIY Decoupage Ornaments are one of its kind with my own printable. I’m giving this free printable to all of you to use it with your own colorful Christmas decorations. These ornaments are a great addition to our rainbow Christmas decorations which you can find here and here.
I’m on the look out for different kind of ornaments to put on our tree. If it’s made by any of us at home, it’s even better! I have normal ornaments, few crochet ornaments, few made by my daughter with craft sticks and pom poms and now these wooden ornaments. These Christmas ornaments can be used on the tree, can be used as gift tags, as an ornament garland.
Let’s see how we can make this DIY Decoupage Ornaments with mod podge.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR DIY DECOUPAGE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Unfinished wooden ornament discs
- Mod podge
- Acrylic paint and paint brush
- Free Christmas printable from my freebies (Colourful Christmas cupcake topper). Get the password at the bottom of this post.
- Acrylic sealer (Optional)
- Gold paint pen
HOW TO MAKE DECOUPAGE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- First download the free printable (You can get the password for it by signing up at the bottom of this post). Then print it with a laser printer on the normal printer paper (no gloss). This paper is easy to decoupage than other thick coated papers. Laser printer is better than inkjet printer since Inkjet printouts bleed the colors. If you are using paper printed with Inkjet printer, follow below for further instructions.
- Paint the wooden discs in acrylic paints and let it dry. It’ll take 20 minutes to completely dry.
- Cut out the printable using either scissor or paper punch. Each printed circle will be 2 inches.
- If your printable is laser printed, dip it in water and take it out. Let is half dry by patting it between paper towels. If your printable is inkjet printed, spray the acrylic sealer to the print outs on either sides and let it dry. Put a thin coat on modpodge on the printables and let it dry. Continue as below.
- Now, paint the colored wooden discs with medium layer of modpodge. Put the printed circles on the wooden disc, smooth out any bubbles with a plastic sheet rolled up.
- Again paint a medium layer of modpodge on the printed paper, let it dry.
- Once the ornaments are dry, start coloring with Gold paint pen around the wooden disc and around the printable on the disc.
- Ta- dah! Now you have your own colorful DIY Decoupage Ornaments for the holidays! You can either choose to spray the final product with acrylic sealer or just leave it as it is.
Are you looking for more rainbow Holiday projects? Hop on below to make few more of your own!
Rainbow tassel Wreath
Christmas village/Winter village
Tinsel Ornament Garland
DOWNLOAD MY FREE CHRISTMAS PRINTABLE BY SUBSCRIBING (FREE) BELOW TO GET THE PASSWORD FOR MY FREEBIES.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY DECOUPAGE ORNAMENTS TO YOUR FAVORITE CRAFTS/DIY PINTEREST BOARD!
These are really cool! I love the wood idea. Going to have to try these with the kids.