Last year my daughter and I wanted to create something together to give as Christmas gifts to her classmates. Any kid who is 4 years old would really be excited about fun shaped crayons, so I thought why not add to the many number of broken crayons at everybody’s home :). Also, we are stuck in a rainbow color phase in our house. We used all the colors of the rainbow to make these crayons. Here we go adding Christmas cheer the way we know best by making our own Christmas themed crayons.
You need very few Supplies.
- Silicone mold. Make sure its microwaveable! Here are few more molds.
- X- acto Knife or a normal knife
- Make sure the silicone mold is clean and dry.
- Start cutting a long split on crayon wrappers with X-acto knife to remove the wrappers. This is the best way to remove the wrappers easily!
- Break the crayons into small pieces either by cutting into small pieces with a knife or crushing it with a pestle :).
- Fill out the molds with the crayons.
- Put it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. When you take it out, you will find small pieces that are not melted. This is fine, it will melt with the hot wax in the mold.
- Let it cool for a while. Take it out from the mold and continue the process for more crayons!
Once I started making more batches of these crayons, I had to put the mold only for 2 minutes in the microwave.
Ta-dah!! This is the most fun, easy, inexpensive craft you can make! Have fun making these crayons. Don’t forget to check out my DIY handmade book which is the perfect gift to give with these crayons.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY FUN SHAPED CRAYONS TO YOUR FAVORITE DIY PINTEREST BOARD!