LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE DIY HONEYCOMB PAPER HEART TO DECORATE YOUR SPACE!
I wanted to make this DIY honeycomb paper heart for Valentine’s day! It is super simple, small and cute to make. My daughter is carrying this with her everywhere now! It is great for small spaces. I definitely want to make this in rainbow colors!
This can be made with your Cricut or you can simply use your scissors to cut out the shapes I have given in my free template. If you are interested in more paper heart decorations, hop on here to make my Heart paper fans too!
You can use these DIY honeycomb paper heart in many ways! here are few of them.
- Make big ones ( You can use the free template and resize to make it big) to hang from the ceiling
- Small ones to hang on small trees
- Use it in cards
- Use it as a gift topper
- Use it in room decorations by adding few pom poms and tassels to the bottom of honeycomb paper hearts
There are many ways you can decorate with this simple, inexpensive, colorful craft! Let’s take a look at how to make them.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE HONEYCOMB PAPER HEARTS
- I used this colored paper (5 sheets of 8.5″x11″). You can use cardstock, thick tissue paper, thick crepe paper
- Art glitter glue
- Cricut or Scissor
- Twine or yarn or thread
- Gold paint pen(optional)
- DIY Honeycomb Paper Heart free file to download from my freebies (You get PDF files to cut with a scissor, SVG files to cut with Cricut). Get the password at the bottom of this post.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HONEYCOMB PAPER HEARTS
- First cut the paper either with a scissor or Cricut. Download the free file from freebies. (You can get the password for it by signing up at the bottom of this post). You get both PDF and SVG files to cut the template. I have used 8.5″x11″ paper and got 12 cuts in one sheet of paper. You need 60 pieces to make this Honeycomb paper heart. Totally I used 5 sheets of paper.
- Start gluing the paper on top of each other as shown. I used Art glitter glue with a thin application. First glue line is at the center of the paper horizontally. You have to alternate the glue application on each paper piece.
- Follow along how to put the glue for the next paper piece as shown.
- Continue steps 2 and 3 till you finish gluing all the 60 paper pieces.
- Turn the glued paper around and glue the ribbon (twine, thread, yarn) to the flat center as shown.
- Now open the paper into a circle and glue the open paper pieces to make it into a 3D heart shape!
Ta dah! You have this amazing, simple and bright DIY Honeycomb Paper Heart to decorate your space!
Come back for more fun paper craft tutorials with different shapes! Also, check out my Valentine’s day craft for kids which is a simple glitter card for kids to make here. If you like making hearts, I’m sure you will love making Star paper fans too. Hop on here for the tutorial!
Download my DIY Honeycomb Paper Heart template by subscribing (free) below to get the password to my Freebies.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY HONEYCOMB PAPER HEART TO YOUR FAVORITE DIY/CRAFT TUTORIAL PINTEREST BOARD!