LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS DIY PAPER FLOWER CHRISTMAS TREE CONE WITH ROLLED PAPER FLOWERS!
I have been obsessed with making these rolled paper flowers after getting my Cricut. Once the flowers are done, this DIY Paper Flower Christmas tree cone is super easy to make!
This simple cone Christmas tree is one of the five trees in the series I’m making for small spaces! You can either use cricut or cut all these flowers by hand to make the flowers. If you are into colorful Christmas decorations for small spaces, I’m sure you will love my DIY Christmas village.
Many people have made beautiful shadow boxes with the rolled paper flowers, I thought why not a Christmas tree! You can make ombre floral trees, rainbow floral Christmas trees and many more! This DIY Paper flower Christmas tree cone is great to put on the book shelf, coffee table, your desk, in a tray with some loose ornaments, as table centerpieces.
Let’s take a look at how to make these.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THE FLORAL CONE CHRISTMAS TREE
- Paper mache cones
- If you are making your own cones, try a poster board
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Red acrylic paint and paint brush
- Cardstock (color of your choice) – 65lb
- Quilling tool
- Cricut or scissor
- File to download from Cricut design space (all rolled paper flowers will be there). If you are directly searching in design space, go to images search for #M3D7E1 to download for this project.
HOW TO MAKE THE FLOWER CHRISTMAS TREE
- Choose the right size paper mache cones to make the Paper flower Christmas tree.
- Paint the whole cone the color as the flowers you are making. Let it dry.
- Now it’s time to start making the flowers. Download the rolled paper flower pattern(you can choose the pattern you like to make) from Cricut design space. If you want to use the same design as mine, you can go to images in design space and search for #M3D7E1 to download for the project. I set the measurements to 6 inches for the flowers.
- I used a 7 inches x 3 inches cone for this project. I had to use 28 rolled paper flowers.
- Once you have the cut spiral design as shown , start rolling the flowers with a quilling tool as shown. I use quilling tool for half the way and just rolled with my hand to finish making the flowers.
- Glue at the back as shown. I just bent few petals outward with my fingers to give it a more realistic look.
- Start gluing the flowers to the cone from the bottom.
Ta dah! You have the most amazing DIY Paper Flower Christmas tree cone for the holidays! I love to make a bigger one with different colors, just have to find a space to keep all these beautiful Christmas tree cones.
If you want to check out other Christmas tree cones, hop on to the following links.
DIY feather Christmas tree cone
DIY Glitter cone Christmas trees
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY PAPER FLOWER CHRISTMAS TREE CONE TO YOUR FAVORITE CRAFTS/DIY PINTEREST BOARD!