LEARN HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW WEAVING WITH TASSELS TO DECORATE YOUR HOME!
This DIY Rainbow Weaving With Tassels was made with my daughter during quarantine to go with the DIY Rainbow tassel wreath in her play area.
I have seen so many beautiful colorful weavings and monochromatic ones, I definitely want to make a big one in single hue for my living room. This can be used to decorate kids room, living spaces, stairway walls, parties and even holidays! You just have to decide the right size and take it from there.
This DIY Rainbow Weaving With Tassels is very easy and inexpensive to make. You can use yarn, laces, ribbons, roving yarn and many more materials you have at home! Let’s take a look at how we can make them.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING DIY WEAVING WITH TASSELS
- Cardboard as shown in the picure.
- X-acto knife
- Roving yarn in different colors, yarn(you can use fabric scraps, laces, ribbons too)
- Wooden dowel
- For Tassels, Please follow DIY Rainbow tassel wreath
HOW TO MAKE COLORFUL WEAVING WITH TASSELS
- Take a cardboard size of 11.5 width x 12 inch length (you can use any size depending on the size you want) . I used a box from kids jewelry making kit.
- Cut the cardboard with X-Acto knife on both sides like shown in the picture with half inch gaps between them.
- Start Wrapping the yarn through the cuts as shown. Tie a knot at the beginning and at the end so that the yarn doesn’t come out. this will be the base(foundation) for the weaving.
- Now take the roving yarn in the colors you like, start weaving through the yellow foundation you just did. I have used a colored ruler here to show how the weaving is done.
- Continue weaving with the materials you want. I have used roving yarn and normal yarn for this project. I have used rulers at the bottom just to make the weaving stand and not fall to the bottom.
- Once the weaving is done, Thread the wooden dowel through the back of the foundation yarn(here it is the yellow yarn) as shown in the picture.
- Take out the weaving from the cardboard.
- It will look like this for now. You can stop at this point or continue adding tassels for a more finished look.
- For making tassels, please follow the instructions here.
- Once the tassels are done, tie them to the bottom of the weaving as shown.
Ta-dah! You have the most beautiful DIY Rainbow Weaving with Tassels to decorate your home! The finished length of the weaving is 14 inches including the tassels.
Make sure to check out other rainbow decorations here.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY RAINBOW WEAVING WITH TASSELS TO YOUR FAVORITE CRAFTS/DIY PINTEREST BOARD!