LEARN HOW TO MAKE HEART PAPER FAN FOR A PARTY, WALL ART, CARDS AND MORE WITH THE FREE PATTERN FOR YOU TO USE!
I’m obsessed with the paper fans out there! So many colors, patterns and materials. I have used circle paper fans for many of my parties. All of them haven been DIY’s. I started thinking, how about making a lot of different shaped fans for a change. Since it is February why not start with a DIY Heart paper fan!
Heart paper fan/accordion is a simple yet perfect piece to decorate a party for a big effect! This one is great for Valentine’s day parties. You can use these fans for many purposes. Here are few of them.
- Make big ones and hang it from the ceiling at different heights. These floating heart fans will look absolutely awesome.
- Make small ones to put on top of the gift boxes.
- Make cards with the small heart fans.
- Layer different sized heart paper fans on top of each other for a 3D effect.
- Make many of the heart fans and string it together to make a bunting. You can put it in the kid’s room.
- Make 20-25 different sized heart fans and decorate the whole wall as a great party backdrop.
There are so many ways you can decorate with this inexpensive and simple craft. You need very few materials.
MATERIALS FOR DIY HEART PAPER FAN
- Cardstock or Scrapbook paper or Gift wrap paper
- Twist ties
- If you want to make small and medium sized heart fans, Use this, Heart paper fan (Medium and small size) template from my Freebies. Get the password at the bottom of this post. It had both PDF and SVG files for you.
- Cricut if you want to use the cutting machine or Scissors if you want to cut by hand.
HOW TO MAKE HEART PAPER FAN
- I have taken a paper size 6″ width x 3.5″ height for small hearts, 30″ width x 17.5″ height for the big one. Approximate ratio is 1.7. Anything lesser than that, the hearts will tear. Anything more will give you a little floppy heart, btw you can try different ratios with different thickness of papers. I am using gift wrap paper here.
- Fold the paper and the draw the curves as shown.
- Cut the paper on the curve and open the fold. If you want to use the template, download it from my Freebies (You can get the password for it by signing up at the bottom of this post). You get both PDF and SVG files to cut the template.
- Fold the paper into an accordion shape with half inch folds.
- Tie with the twist tie at the center.
- Glue the sides as shown in the photo.
- If needed, adjust the shape of the fan with the scissor.
- Ta-dah! You have the perfect heart paper fan ready for your next party. You can make a bunting, use it as a gift topper, greeting cards, scrapbooking or a big giant one as a statement decoration piece!
Come back for more fun paper fan tutorials with different shapes! Also, check out my Valentine’s day craft for kids which is a simple glitter card for kids to make here. If you like making hearts, I’m sure you will love making Star paper fans too. Hop on here for the tutorial!
Download my Heart paper fan template (medium and small size) by subscribing (free) below to get the password to my Freebies.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE HEART PAPER FAN TUTORIAL TO YOUR FAVORITE DIY PINTEREST BOARD!