LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY DIY GLITTER CONE CHRISTMAS TREES FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
I wanted to make a simple and super easy DIY Glitter Cone Christmas Trees with my daughter for the holidays. This was very quick to make. We used the materials I had at home for a quick project. If you like quick holiday projects, check out these colorful Christmas ornaments.
This was completely done by my 7 year old daughter. She was so happy to play with her choice of craft, yes it is glitter! She didn’t want me to help her with anything as usual, as you know we have glitter on almost everything at home now! Maybe we will find some glitter everywhere till next Christmas as she wants to make more cone Christmas trees in rainbow colors!
If you already have a cone form, these DIY Glitter Christmas trees are inexpensive to make and takes very little time which is very important during holiday season. If you don’t have cone form, you can make it with a poster board cutting it in a party hat shape. These are great for small spaces and apartments where you don’t have lot of room for a big tree. You can use this on windowsill, in trays with some ornaments, on book shelves and side tables.
Let’s take a look at how to make these.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE THESE GLITTER CHRISTMAS TREES
- Paper Mache cone
- Mod podge and a brush to apply mod podge
- Glitter – I used this, you can try others
- If you are making your own cones, try a poster board
- Use a tray to contain glitter.
HOW TO MAKE GOLD GLITTER CONE CHRISTMAS TREES
- Choose the size of your cone Christmas tree to make this project. If you are trying to do other colors than gold, please paint the cones the color you are making. Since this was gold on a brown cone, I didn’t paint it.
- Apply a coat of modpodge all over the cone.
- Now its time to pour the glitter! My daughter was super excited about this part. Please use a tray to contain the glitter!
- Once the glitter is dry , try to tap the whole cone to see if you have any area left to fill. If there is an empty area, apply the mod podge again and pour the glitter.
- Last step is to apply a generous amount of mod podge over the glitter cone to seal it! This is very important for the glitter to not fall off from the cone once it is dry!
Ta dah! Now you have these beautiful DIY Cone Christmas tree for the holidays!
If you are looking for more Holiday decorations, check the following links
Giant Star paper fans
DIY tinsel ornament garland
DIY colorful Christmas village
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE DIY GLITTER CONE CHRISTMAS TREES TO YOUR FAVORITE CRAFTS/DIY PINTEREST BOARD!